University of Houston, Houston Tx, USA Communication and Media production 1990 –
North Harris County College, Houston Tx, USA Psychology: 1986 –
Westfield High School, Houston Tx, USA High School: 1984 –
Ghost/Copywriting / Translations / Non-Fiction
Story Terrace 2015-present:
- One Journey, Five Companions non-commercial publication / biography / ghostwriting
- 50! non-commercial publication / biography / ghostwriting
- A Chronicle of Changing Times non-commercial publication / biography / ghostwriting
- Around the World in more than 81 Days non-commercial publication / biography / ghostwriting
- Day Seventeen non-commercial publication / biography / ghostwriting
- No such thing as Coincidence non-commercial publication / biography / ghostwriting
- Transcript of an Heirloom non-commercial publication / biography / ghostwriting
- Back in the Saddle translation biography Dutch-English
The Butch Collective 2016-present
- Hakwood (promo-video) Voice Overs
- OceanCo (divers promo-videos) Voice Overs
- Millten Amsterdam (promo-video) Voice Overs
- Ajax (promo-video) Voice Overs
- TransformCity / ZO-City (promo-video) Voice Overs
- Metrological (promo-video) Voice Overs
Translations (Dutch-English-Spanish) and copywriting:
- Scale of Significance 2018 – present
- Manifesto 2017 – present
- New Heroes 2017
- Voetbalreizen Online 2016
- Schluss 2015 – present
- Remarkit 2015
- Sana Commerce 2015
- MicroStrategy 2015
Milinda Uitgevers 2015
Book Insight Dialogue by Gregory Kramer – Editor of English-Dutch translation
SAS Institute 2014
- Book Future Bright – translation Dutch-English
- Nova (NPS) / (Dutch Broadcasting): 2002; Television. Live on tape – Interview with Jorge Zorreguieta. (Spanish)
- Tros / Ivo Niehe (Dutch Broadcasting): Translations & Subtitling Spanish – Dutch of feature reports.
- AVRO / (Dutch Broadcasting): Translations & Subtitling Spanish – Dutch of feature reports.
- IKON / (Dutch Broadcasting): Translations & Subtitling Spanish – Dutch of feature reports.
Contributing Writer 2003 – 2006
– Amsterdam Times
– Amsterdam Weekly
– Fancy Magazine, Buenos Aires
www.claudiotapia.com 2003 – present
The Hand of YEMANJÁ (Fiction / Novel / Published 2013 by Black Rose, USA)
Amsterdam Writers Platform
Exec. Producer. Serie interviews with English-language authors, together with en presentor Bob Bragar.
interview Nina Siegal at Rembrandthuis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxoMZFTcNHI
La Lutte / Back to the Sand
Script Writer and Co-Director Documentaries with Marlijn Franken.
Cinema / Spoken Word / Live Muziek
Series of ten short films based on the book, The Hand of YEMANJÁ; https://claudiotapia.com/lit-cinema/
– Shared third prize at EYE Amsterdam: Celluloid Remix 2, 2012 (Lydia, in Bits & in Pieces) http://celluloidremix.openbeelden.nl/media/125003/Lydia_in_Bits_and_in_Pieces
– Live performances (Jacques de Jong-clarinet / René Ahoud-av mix & video projections)
Independent Producer: 2001 – 2003. Syndicate Productions
To lead a variety of activities within my own company;
Viability research, and synopsis/script development towards the production of a documentary about the life and work of the author, Isabel Allende. (Interview with Isabel Allende, Groningen 2002)
Initiation and development of a cross-media entertainment format called Poker Face.
In the summer of 2001, in collaboration with a golf resort in the Dominican Republic, the Dominican government, and several private investors, Syndicate Productions, together with The All American Topless Golf Team and Focus Entertainment, produced a golf event for the international television market.
News Producer / Video coordinator: 1998 – 2000. Cameo Media
Logistical planning and support of the newscasts of SBS6 en Net5, and the program Hart van Nederland.
The daily camera planning, the purchase and sale of video footage, the maintaining of work relations within and outside of Cameo Media.
The tasks of Video Coordinator included the daily planning of the edit sets, the editing of leaders/promos, the production of Digital Video Excerpts, and the general control of broadcast quality of the footage.
Independent Producer: 2000. dD Records.
The production of a music video of the band Avenging Space, on behalf of dD Records, The Netherlands.
Conducting of promotional activities surrounding the release of the Avenging Space album.
Independent Producer: 1996. Video Pers Centrum Amsterdam
The production of news reports for Amsterdam local television, AT5. Additional tasks included preliminary journalistic research, the conducting of interviews and the making of an off-line edit.
Independent Producer: 1995. Bounce
Responsibilities: Financing and supervision of the entire production of a music video for the band Bounce, The Netherlands.
Marketing & Sales
SAS Institute: 2006 – 2013
New Business Development and Inside Sales of management information systems and Business Intelligence software.
In addition to the qualification of Leads, acquisition, the maintenance of client relations, and support of marketing initiatives on behalf of the SAS Sales department, I developed and presented a business case towards the creation of the Tele Information Management (TIM) department.
After a three-month Pilot, budget was attracted from the SAS EMEA Head office to implement TIM in early 2007.
Pipeline Impact in 2009: € 4 million.
Pipeline Impact in 2010: € 6 million.
SAS Starting Block (Data Integration, Analytics, Business Intelligence, Performance Management, Risk Management)
Solution Selling (Sales-methodology)
Drive Your Talents (Personal & Career development)
Authentiek Communiceren (Personal & Career development)
Storytelling (Personal & Career development)
Jansen Venneboer BV: 2002 – 2006 (part time)
Responsibilities: Acquisition / New Business Development on behalf of Jansen Venneboer Customer Dialogue.
(see also Audio/Visual for additional Sales en Marketing activities)
Insourced at SAS Institute between 2003 and 2006
Languages & Education
Perfect spoken and written command of the English, Dutch and Spanish languages.
English Teacher: 1991. Instituto Ingles (Caracas, Venezuela)
Responsibilities: The preparation of teaching material and the conducting of English lessons to Spanish speaking students at their place of work.
(See also Audio/Visual and Freelance for translations and interviews)
Production Assistant and Reporter
(Internship): 1990. Metro Traffic Control (USA)
Gathering and reporting of traffic information for commercial radio stations in the greater Houston area.
1989. University of Houston Cullen Auditorium
General assisting in the organization of theatre productions and concerts